Monday, November 30, 2009

A Woman Confined: Day 7

Gosh, it was exactly a week ago that I was huffing and pushing Amy out of my body. H ow time flies. As I look into Mia's sweet little face, the pain and agony that I went through between the hours of 2.00pm - 5.13pm last Monday just disappears. Although I was in labour from 10am, I honestly did not feel much pain before 2.00pm. Yes, the pain was there, but bearable. Must be the swimming sessions. My advise to other pregnant women out there, it's good to take up Pilates and swimming. Both would prepare your body better for childbirth. The breathing technique really helps when the contractions hit you.

I've been allowed to go downstairs as of last Friday. Thank goodness. Being cooped up in the bedroom almost make me go crazy.

This afternoon I had a look at our kitchen which has been taken over by cPG. I opened one of our shelves and OMG, saw that it's turned into a mini Chinese herbal shop display:There were lines of Chinese herbs in jars for cooking. Then there's a line for my bathing as well in another shelf. One thing about our cPG is that she's really organised. She re-arranged the whole kitchen using her system for easy accessibility. Of course I had to thank her to which she closes both eyes, nods her head up and down and smiles in agreement. She's so cute!

One of the things I dreaded about the confinement period is the ban on hair washing. Before this I was determined to wash my hair. I even told my mother-in-law that I would be washing my hair during the confinement period. I think she got my sister-in-law to persuade me to "tahan tahan ah (have patience) .... for 1 week at least, then wash hair" otherwise "kena masuk angin". I was still determined. But one look at cPG, I got scared and decided to follow their advise. This has to be the longest period that I've gone without washing my hair. How do I feel? Well....
Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

So after a week of no washing, I decided to cheat a little and use a wet hanky to "wipe" my hair and scratch my scalp at around 7.00pm because cPG would already be in her room and not come out anymore until tomorrow morning. The feeling was so good. I tied my hair up in a bun and happily walked downstairs to get some warm water to drink. As I was walking up the staircase humming a tune, cPG came out from her room with Mia and called out to me, "Angeline, aiyaaaa, kau jaga baby dulu ah. Si-ya mau mandi."

I was horrified, would she notice my slightly damp hair I wondered. I was prepared for some scolding. I took Mia from her and cPG said, "Aiyaaaa, baby jahat oh. Beluuuuuuuum mau tidul. Jahat oh baby, jahat wuhhhhhhhhh!" and laughed before going back inside her room. Phew, luckily she didn't notice my hair! Hehehehe.... safe! I'd have to be extra careful next time.

Mia, time to sleep. You're a good girl. Mummy loves you.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaga-jaga Cpg tangkap!!!!

Unknown said...

Did you know? Please pray for them.
http://eve-yong.gonetoosoon.org/memorial

Aunty J said...

Angelineeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....alalala...so sorry for taking too long to congratulate you and ur hubby on the new arrival of your bundle of joy...Mia is such a cute and lovely baby girl...love her smiling pic...siok kan ada bb hehehe...enjoy ur confinement...as for the hair dulu sia ikat ja the whole of 1 week...was bit paranoid to the extent tht i banned people coming near me esp near my head coz i dowan them to pengsan smelling my unwashed hair!! But both my confinement lady and hubby said thy dont smell a thing! ;p

Enjoy your confinement days, take care and hang in there ;)

Aunty J said...

eh not the whole of 1 week...it was the whole of 1 mth!! Ya I managed to hold on for 1 mth after some persuasion maut fr my CL hehehe...

AngelineJ said...

Rosc: Ya... I'm extra careful these days!

Reggie: Thanks & yes, I was informed as well. It's very sad. Christine & Mervyn are always in our prayers as is Baby Eve. May Eve rest in peace.

Joyce: Thanks. Congrats as well to you. Another baby soon ah... You can tolerate unwashed hair for 1 month?!!! My CL (@cPG)said she'll let me wash my hair 1 time after 2 weeks (few days from now). Yeah, we have the same style - tie the whole hair up. My hubby pula say he'll also not wash hair for 2 weeks with me. Gila!