Monday, August 22, 2011

5 months old

Alan turned 5 months last week and I totally forgot about it. Oh my!

He's not that heavy weighing at just 8kg however, carrying him in my arms for most part of the day can be really tiring. Most part of the day? Well, yes especially last week. He was sick (a bit of flu, a bit of cough, and a whole lot of cranky attitude) but thankfully he's OK now.

I haven't started him on solids yet because we'd be going away for vacation. Call me selfish, whatever but I don't want to go through the hassle of making porridge etc for him while on vacation. Anyway, he's only 5 months ba!

I would start introducing him to solids once we're back though.

He can roll with ease now but have not started crawling yet. I'm waiting for him to show the first sign ie lift his bum!

If he wants to get to someplace he wants to be, he would just roll and roll. He'll even roll off the "play mattress" and onto the floor to get closer to Mia's toys.

Let's see if he is able to lift his bum by next month!

6 comments:

Isabel said...

It's still early ba kan to start him solid at 5 months, so don't worry bout being selfish.:)

AngelineJ said...

Thanks Isabel. True, still early bah but there has been remarks by some more experienced mothers who keep telling me I should start feeding him solids. Ada pula cakap, "jangan malas bah!" OMG! I'll wait till he's at least 6 months to intro to solids.

Anne B. said...

ya masi awal bah for solid :) punya besar the play mattress hehehee both mia and alan macam ur face oh kan, chubby...

AngelineJ said...

Hi Anne! Iya, si Mia pun around 6 months baru sia serius intro solids to her. Itu pun a bit a bit bagi and she turned out well. chubby juga! 2 tilam tu kena combine. Half of living room occupied by play mattress. Needed otherwise adalah baby yg terhimpit nanti by big sister while playing. Hihihi.... muka diorang macam sia kah?! Chubby kan?! I think diorang punya eyes juga ikut mine.

Rose Flower said...

Wah ma'am vacation mana kali nie hehehehe???

AngelineJ said...

Hi Rosie.... hehehe.... nanti sampai sia post! But u can try n guess!