Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Woman Confined: Day 8

Big Amy meets Baby Amy! (Carole on the left, Big Amy carrying Baby Amy)

What a nice surprise.... we were paid a visit by Carole (Caroline Chin) and Amy Chee - two great friends and also past presidents of JCI Intan. We had a wonderful time catching up though it was only a short visit - these 2 are busy ladies. It was so sweet of them to drop by bearing goodies even though it was heavily raining outside.

Earlier on, we took Mia to see my Dr for the 1 week review.

We were running a bit late because we had to wait for Mia to finish pooping. Today she started to poop at around 9.45am and after much encouragement, finished at 9.50am. It was a lot of cheering on my part (me going "Come on baby... you can do it... go urrrrrgggghhhhhhh. Another one, come on...... urrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!") all to see poop coming out from her bum like McDonald's soft serve... only yellow in colour! cPG said.... "Bagus, cantiiiik oh taik baby..... gud gud gud baby!" Apparently, there's such thing as a beautiful poop.

When we finally made it to the clinic, I asked Dr about her eyes because the white part of both her eyes appear blood-red. Not all of the white part, just a bit... there's like a red line there on both eyes. Mia refused to open her eyes (she was enjoying her sleep). Nonetheless, I described the condition to the Dr and he said it was nothing to be worried about.

Dr said that it's a type of hemorrhage (subconjunctival hemorrhage) and will disappear after some time. When I checked on the Net for more info, I've found that this occurs when blood leaks under the covering of the eyeball due to the trauma of delivery. It's a harmless condition similar to a skin bruise that goes away after several days, and it generally doesn't indicate that there has been any damage to the infant's eyes.

Well, I noticed that the reddish colour is getting smaller but very slow. We'll see how it goes in the next few weeks.

He was also happy with Mia's 1 week development ie no jaundice. Yeah!

Then it was my turn to be checked: First my stomach - very good he said. Next, my stitches - healing nicely. He said, good.

As of today, my weight is 59kg. Very near my pre-pregnant weight (58kg) though I'd like to go down to 54kg at least.

I also weighed Mia. She's 3.3kg (up by 300g).

No comments: