Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Woman Confined: Day 2

I think my confinement woman can feel that I was a little depressed because she separated me from Mia the moment she arrived at our home.

Yes, I was depressed since yesterday and a little angry with her because:
1. She is in control of everything
2. She took Mia away from our bed when I went to the toilet. Since then I didn't get to see her.
3. She stopped me from using my laptop.
4. She insist that I just lie down and sit down for this 1 week. Come on!
5. Whenever I hear Mia cry I want to be able to cradle her, but the confinement woman say cannot. "Nanti susa kau sia kasi tau kau chi-kalang ah. Manja tu. Kau tingu la mau pigi tanda-s pun tada buli. Kasi bial dia nangis supaya ah dia bala-jal."

Aaargh!

This morning, she came in to my room and talked to me nicely. OK lah, I just have to have more patience and let others take over for this 1 month.

My husband returned to work today and left me at home with the confinement woman (we call cPG) and my older niece and nephew to help do the household chores.

Today, I was also given the chance to feed Mia for the first time.She's turned a little yellow. Light jaundice but still able to smile after her feeding! I pray to God that her jaundice goes down and she'll be alright.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Asked mom abt baby turning into yellowish. She said boil chestnut n feed baby with d water. But details she didn't tell me.

I think you may ask some mommy in ur area abt tis. Mayb those who use tis method can tellu better abt it.

Unknown said...

Her smile is so serene....

Anonymous said...

Baby Amy the very 1st smile. Sabar jak lah wif ur cPG tu mem...

AngelineJ said...

Tze: Thanks, I think that's what our cPG used today. She told me she cooked something (the something - in Chinese lah!). Not so yellow today (Thurs Nov 26)

Alicia: Thanks for dropping by blog. Yeah, she just looks so peaceful when she smiles!

Rosie: Come on over... today she wore the long sleeved top you gave her during the baby shower!

Uzoeiy @ Zoi said...

Congrates Angeline! Little Miah is so adorable and her smile is serene..agree with alicia..

I miss those moment when Yong2 was a baby..

Congrates again.