Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Labor: Part 1

Since our last visit with my Dr, we've been telling Poppy that if she's not coming out on her own, then the Dr is going to force her to come out on Monday! Last night I could feel Poppy move restlessly and had to go to the toilet more to pee. Then, I felt my stomach tightening and some pains at 2am (23rd Nov 2009) but it subsided. Then the pain came again at 3am and disappeared once more. I was waiting to see if there were any more pains but I feel asleep at around 3.30 - 3.45 am till 6am. So, I concluded it must have been Braxton Hicks or false labor or whatever they call it.

6am: Ok, I got time to label the Christmas presents, put the laundry in the washing machine, hang the laundry to dry, take a shower and wash my hair.

At 7.15 am on 23rd November 2009, we stepped out of our home for the last time with Poppy inside my belly. We had breakfast at a coffeeshop in Damai, the closest to SMC. Here, I was a bit anxious, worried, excited as to what will happen soon.

Finally at 8.30am, we went to SMC to check in. We brought to our room, Room 320 and I got hooked up on the baby hearbeat monitor again while waiting for my Dr.

2 not so fashionable "belt buckles" on me: Baby heart monitor on the bottom, contractions monitor at the top.


The readings from the monitors



My darling husband can't sit still. He kept walking around the room. Anxious and excited.

The Dr finally came to check me at around 10am. Did a check "down there" to see what induce method to use (1. use medicine 2. break my water). I can still remember his words. "Good news, no need medicine. We can break your water becauce you have dilated 3cm now." Yeah!

He attempted to break my water, but nothing. He tried again, no water. He asked me if my water broke earlier and I told him not that I know of. He then did another test on me, can't remember what's the name of the test though but it was very uncomfortable. He looked at me and said, "Your water already, there's nothing there left." Oh my gosh, must have been last night when I went to the toilet. Yikes, I never noticed. Luckily I didn't give birth at home!

So I didn't need to be induced after all. Poppy must have been listening to us and decided to start the labour process for us! See you soon Poppy...

No comments: