Friday, November 27, 2009

A Woman Confined: Day 3

OK, I have to admit that I'm having difficulty being separated from Mia during these early days. Yesterday, I tried to sneak into the nursery to have a peek of Mia. I quietly opened our bedroom door with high hopes of being able to touch Mia for a while. How shocked I was seeing cPG in the room lying down on the bed (napping) with Mia next to her! I didn't even manage to step 1 foot out the door. Definately no chance of that touch!

Around 6am this morning, I heard cPG working in the kitchen to prepare breakfast for me. Again, I thought this is my chance to have a peek at Mia sleeping in the nursery. Once again I quietly opened our bedroom door and tip toed to the nursery. Ha, made it! But when I looked in Mia's cot, she's not there.... aaarrrgh... cPG took her downstairs with her.

Our cPG means well in separating me from Mia as she wants to make sure that I regain my physical strength with plenty of rest and proper food etc. I truly appreciate all the hard work and effort that she's putting in to helping me take care of not only myself, Mia, my husband but also my elder niece and nephew who are staying with us for now. Tell you, she's so responsible that she even counted the number of tablets I'm supposed to be taking and checking to make sure I eat them.

Today, cPG allowed me to hold Mia in our bed 3 times. One time, she helped to carry and "lectured" Mia while I was having a glass of red dates drink. You see, Mia has become a little bit manja now and cries for attention every 1 - 2 hours. Quite a diva. It was quite entertaining seeing cPG lecturing Mia in Chinese and Mia looking at cPG with a pitiful look on her face as if she understood what cPG was saying.

On another note, Mia seems to have run out of clothes wear, We thought we bought enough clothing for her but cPG said we didn't get enough of the long sleeved tops. Oh dear, I couldn't go out to go buy extra clothing because of hello, confined. I wasn't sure whether my husband would be able to handle the job. Last night he managed to buy the right milk for her (Enfalac A+), but clothing.... hmmmmm.

Well, husband Fred surprised me once again and bought:3 sets of long sleeved tops for Mia plus plastic cloth diaper coverings for Mia! The first time Fred went out to buy clothings for Mia all on his own. You did well darling. Muaaaah!!!

**Oh, Mia's jaundice is not so bad now. cPG has bathed Mia in some Chinese herbal thing and gave her something to drink together with her milk. Don't know what it is cos it's in Chinese! Could have been chestnut like as what was suggested by Tze. Thanks Tze for the thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh... mom say its water chestnut. Glad to know baby Amy is better now ;D