Sunday, November 22, 2009

Still pregnant...

But not for long.

I'm officially 40 weeks pregnant. Somehow, Poppy can still move around inside. It's tight in there (I can feel it being ever so tight) but she/he is happily getting all snuggled inside.

Still no sign of impending birth .

So, today Fred and I went Christmas tree shopping. That was the deal we made last year: once a baby comes along, we can have a Christmas tree for the house. So, this Christmas we will have Poppy. Since I know for SURE that I'll be in confinement in December this year, I'd better get this done. Off we went to Wisma Merdeka to buy our 1st ever Christmas tree together with decorations. Once we reached home, I started to put it up. Better pictures will be up at another time... I'm still not fully satisfied with the deco! Just look at this:

Still got some works to do.....

By 3.15pm it was time to meet my Dr. My appointment was originally set for 3.45pm however due to so many patients of his before me, I only managed to get in around 4.30pm.

My blood pressure is still good at 120/70. Then the scan....

Gosh, Poppy's grown (again), and my amniotic fluid is low now. The little munchkin has been walloping it inside. My Dr was a little concerned so he hooks me up (for 10 minutes) on the heartbeat monitor to check Poppy's heartbeat. Today, for the 1st time ever we heard Poppy's heartbeat (all this while, we've been looking at the heartbeat only in the scans). Kind of sounded like a horse galloping in the countryside. Hmmmm, really reminds me of a cowboy movie! I was looking at the chart and noticed that at times, the readings went off the chart (is that good or bad, I wondered).

After 10 minutes, Dr came in and saw the heartbeat chart... This is what he had to say: "Well, I can say that Baby is very happy inside there. However, I have to tell you that:
1) your amniotic fluid is rather low now which is usual for a full-term baby
2) your placenta is weakening (bla bla bla.... my mind wondered off after I heard "weakening". I kept thinking so do I need to deliver NOW?! What Caesarean, induce???, What's the date today)

Usually, in situations like this, we'd need to induce the labour. After all, there's no point to wait already. The baby is already full term. Now, how this is done is (bla bla bla.... again, my mind wondered again, phew! I didn't even have to bring it up?! Actually, before coming for the appointment I wanted to ask the Dr whether I can be induced on Sunday or not. hehehe!)

Do you understand? Any questions?" asks the Dr.

At this point, I felt like I'm in school and my teacher is testing whether I've been listening all along. Then I asked, "So, when do you think I should be induced." I was hoping not tonight please.... I still have some things to do!

The Dr replied.... "Ideally, on Monday (23 Nov 2009). If you're not in labor by tomorrow, then we need you to check in at SMC at 8.30am on Monday. You just need to ....."

So, there it is. Poppy will be arriving on Monday 23 Nov 2009 :)

Now, we need to inform anxious families and friends, eat all my favorite things, go Christmas shopping for our nieces and nephews, get my Kembara out of the workshop,double check on my "luggage" for hospital check in, charge camera & phones, send out the necessary receipts and invoices (work matters), clean the house a bit more, inform the confinement lady and maid of Poppy's arrival.

The list goes on and on... but hey, Poppy's coming, Poppy's coming!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi mam what a blessed prezzie you have this x'mas. "Poppy is coming"......