Thursday, November 19, 2009

Anxiety Kicking In

Here we are at Day 5, Week 39.

I'm still pregnant. Thing is I've been so sure that I'd be giving birth around Week 37 - 38.

I've been all set and ready since Week 37. I've packed for our hospital stay. We've got the nursery ready. Confinement lady has been confirmed and booked months ago. I've even done my eyebrows (it was getting a bit wild up there); and I've had my feet and toes scrubbed and cleaned!

Well, Week 38 came and left and.... today I'm still pregnant with no sign of going into labour any time soon.

Whenever I go out, people ask me the standard question: "When are you due?" My reply: "Any day now."

Any day now seems to take forever. I've been told to enjoy these last few days of pregnancy because once the baby comes, it'll be chaos.

Poppy is still actively moving inside of me. Not much kicking now because I suppose Poppy's out of space. Moving a lot albeit slow (imagine the satellite dish turning slowly to get a reception). She/He hiccups at least once a day - usually in the late afternoon or evening time. Thing is Poppy likes to face my left side. My belly on the left side is slightly higher than my right side most of the time. Weird.

Another thing that's happened recently. My confidence as to Poppy's gender has been shaken. People look at my belly and it's like an instant magnet. Their hands are all over my belly as they excitedly squeal: "You're having a BOY!"; "See how sharp your belly is?! Yes, it's a BOY!!!!" Not once, but every time now (since Week 36).

Hello, the scan says a girl. So, which one am I to believe science or myth?

My husband says, "Scan can be wrong you know... and have you seen how old your doctor's machine is. Probably, it's not accurate. But don't worry, girl or boy we'll still love Poppy"

Of course we love Poppy whatever the gender.... just so super anxious to have him/her out and be with us.

1 comment:

SteffianaJ said...

haha..patience is a virtue org bilang :P hee..