Sunday, May 23, 2010

Time to cut the painful silence

12 August 2010

Its been 12 weeks, 4 days since I felt my world collapse and my heart torn to pieces. My dad passed away on the day that our Mia turned 6 months, and my best friend got engaged.

I still remember the night clearly. I was updating my blog, saving it as "draft" when I got the call from my brother around 11pm to tell me that our daddy was in hospital. I immediately called on my husband, carried our sleeping Mia and rushed to the hospital.

When we got to the hospital, the doctors were still trying to revive my dad. I managed to go in the emergency room and felt his ice cold feet as they were trying to save my dad. Words cannot describe the agony my sister, brothers and I felt as we knew in our hearts that there was nothing that can be done anymore and our daddy is no longer with us. He was only 60 years old.

Since that moment, it was the support and help of our relatives and friends that helped us get by the difficult times as we made preparations for our daddy's funeral which was held on 26th May 2010 at St Aloysius Church, near our family home before laying our dad in his final resting place, at our family burial ground. It was the kind words and encouragement following the funeral that also reminded us that daddy is in a much better place now.

Thank you all for all your condolences, flowers, donations, visit to our family home, attendance at our daddy's funeral, and messages sent via SMS, Facebook, emails etc. May God bless you all.

I've tried over the past weeks to bring myself together to update my blog, but each time I log in, I freeze. Last Sunday, I tried again, only to find myself crying uncontrollably because all those emotions of the night my father passed away overwhelmed me.

So today, I made a decision. Cry as I am while I'm doing this, I am going to update my blog starting with publishing the blog entry I had saved that night, before the call came.



6 months today!

Weight: 7.8kg

She can't crawl yet, still trying to drag her body on the bed and on the floor. Most times, she'll roll and roll to try and get to where she wants to get.

She's a champ at maneuvering her baby walker and can "glide" really fast. She'll find every opportunity to get out of the house.

A lot of things need to be changed on this day:

Pacifier (chu-chut) upgrade. She's got 2 new Avent pacifiers... it'll take a while for her to "break into" these, so we'll still KIV the old one, just in case we need it.

Change in diet: I've changed her rice cereal to that of organic. She gets rashes all over when I fed her with Cerelac from Nestle. A messy eater she may be but she can finish more than half a bowl each feeding.

She loves her feet... loves teddy bears, especially the giant type.... LOL! That's Uncle Magdy (her giant teddy from Canada)

9 comments:

Aunty J said...

My deepest sympathy to you and your family on the passing of your beloved father Angeline...I was wondering where have you been...havent been on FB lately oso so didnt know abt the sad news...anyway, you hang in there dearie...Mia need you to be strong...take care ya...

all-is-off said...

welcome back My Dear. take comfort that he didn't suffer. saw photos of Mia standing on FB - wah, she's growing so fast and still cute as ever! give her lots of kisses for me. take care and stay strong.

Cinda said...

Welcome back Angeline. I've missed our updates on lovely Mia and I'm so glad your back. I'm sorry to hear about your dad and my heart goes out to you and your family. The love that your dad gave to you still lives on and that love passes on to your beautiful Mia. Take care.

Don Stephens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Don Stephens said...

Welcome back Angeline! Know the feeling, my parents 57th Weeding Anniversary is on 25th Aug, psyching myself to blog about and maybe embarrass my mum (ha! ha!). But I like blogging good form of cheap therapy! God Bless!

Uzoeiy @ Zoi said...

Dear Angeline.
I also wonder where have you been. I thought its my blog can not get ur update. Rupa2nya ur dad passed away.

Very sorry to hear that. Condolence to ur family. May God Bless and take care.

Anonymous said...

Hi m'am welcome back...

SteffianaJ said...

Stay strong kakak Mimie :)

SJB aka SUELYN J-B. said...

I'm so sorry about your dad :(.