Thursday, June 30, 2011

Biopsy... done

My only photo taken throughout the ordeal: the curtain round my bed!

I've done them: a a colposcopy and biopsy of my cervix due to the abnormal cells found during my last pap smear.

The tests were done by my Dr. He couldn't do the tests in his clinic because they need to be done in a proper Operating Theater. So off I went to Rafflesia Medical Centre. After the check-in procedure, I was shown to the Cashier Counter to pay the deposit: RM855 (actual deposit is RM850, the RM5 is charged because I paid by credit card).

Then I was led to the 1st floor (birth/delivery/labor floor). As the lift opened, there was a couple of ambulance attendants wheeling a stretcher out of the lift. On the lift, a newborn baby. Kesian tu baby - she/he had a tube up her/his nose. Apparently the baby has lung infection and is being rushed to Hospital Likas. The lung infection was due to the baby having pooped and swallowed the poop while inside the mother's womb.

Anyway, after changing into my super sexy see-through gown (you know the type ie nothing but three strings to cover bare behind!), I was wheeled into the Operating Theater where my Dr was waiting for me. My first thought: "So this is what the room looks like if I were to have C-Section!"

The whole process was finished in 10 minutes. It was like giving birth: legs apart, poking actions happening, bleeding, uncomfortable, but a LOT LESS PAINFUL! And another difference, instead of the Dr asking me to push, he asks me to cough as he "pinches" some samples of tissue from my cervix. I had to cough 5 times, so I guess he took 5 samples.

I was asked to rest for about 30 mins before I got discharged. Oh yes, I also had to go back to the Cashier Counter to get my refund. The total amount for the tests were RM700, but again I had to pay another RM5 because I paid via credit card.

I'm glad to be home and be with our baby.
Awwww..... mummy's boy! I miss you too! (I miss Mia too, but she's having a bath now)

How do I feel? I'm OK, no pain at all. Now I just need to get over this bleeding. I'm bleeding as if I just gave birth. A couple of times I've gone to the toilet and released "tofu-size" hard blood. Yucks.

No comments: