Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saturday Nite Flop

Dinner during the weekends and holidays are usually out at a restaurant or coffeeshop. Tonight was no different.

We went to Nok Thai Restaurant in Damai. I was a bit apprehensive on going there because I was thinking more of Mia not being able to eat much as most Thai food are spicy. Still, we decided to give it a go and order at least 1 non-spicy food for her.

Only after I took the photo did I see a notice on the wall:

NO PHOTO
"MENU"

Oh well, I don't think the picture above counted. You can hardly see the menu!

Yes, baby Alan joined us as well. What choice do we have. We couldn't leave him at home alone could we?!

These are what we ordered:
Pineapple fried rice, green curry, egg beancurd, and clear tom yam soup. Yummy!

No sooner had we started to eat, Mia the Diva threw a tantrum and I had to take her out of the restaurant. While I did that, baby Alan of all times, decided that this was the perfect opportunity for him to start screaming/crying and get some attention!

Once Mia calmed down, I brought her back into the restaurant with the hope that we could make it through this dinner without anymore commotions.

Sorry, no such thing. Alan was crying and so I had to carry him in my arms. Mia started screaming again and so my husband had to take her outside.

Meanwhile the foreign lady at the next table was pretty annoyed. I could feel her angry eyes pierce right through me and I got so embarrassed.

I finished my soup, ate my bit of pineapple rice and asked the waiter to pack the rest of the food to takeaway. I paid the bill and left the restaurant to our car where my husband was waiting with Mia strapped in her car seat. All this while I couldn't bring myself to look at the other patrons in the restaurant.

Going out anywhere (more so in restaurants where "losses" would be more apparent) with young kids is always a huge gamble. You'd either win in which case, kids were well behaved and you return home with a happy feeling. Or kids were chaotic making you feel like you'd want to pull your hair out and you return home feeling crappy.

I don't want to gamble for a while at least where dining is concerned. I need to recover from tonight's huge losses - my dignity and sanity.

2 comments:

Okayarms said...

Wakakaa their menu is so PnC ka haaha.

Yum yum, among all of those, I would like to have pineapple rice! haaha okay now my tummy is making some noise:D

Whew, hard to bring kids out huh... I know the feeling. Haaha, not that I have kids of my own, but I have an uncle who just started his family and sometimes he bring me out to take care of the kids ;D Quite tiring but at least I get to exercise! ;)

AngelineJ said...

Thanks Armstrong. Ya la... as if others can really copy their menu!

It is tough with kids... but tough in a beautiful way too kan?! Exercise, I like. Now, if only this exercise can help me lose like 5 inches of my waist! LOL!