Sunday, May 31, 2009

Facing Her Giants

Susan Boyle came SECOND in Britain's Got Talent 2009


After being plagued by the media, critics and the public, Susan Boyle nearly packed her bags and quit the competition. Luckily for her, she decided to stay on.

She lost to the dance troupe "Diversity" for the 100,000 pound (around RM550,000) prize money and the opportunity to sing in front of the Queen of England.


The result announcement & performance by Diversity

Nonetheless, Susan Boyle still walks out a winner from the competition with Broadway, recording and special appearances contracts (including to sing with Donny Osborne) waiting for her. Heck, they're even making a Simpson cartoon episode where Homer Simpson joins Springfield's Got Talent. In his intro to Simon Cowell, he says: "My name is Homer Simpson, I’m 39 years old and, well, I’ve never been kissed. My dream is to be a great singer like Susan Boyle."

The biggest prize I would say that she got out of this competition is not her new fame and fortune. I think its beyond that. It's her being one step higher than a lot of us in that she dared to face her giants.

2 comments:

lathia said...

The price to pay of becoming famous is to losing her privacy. Not sure if she can cope...I do hope she is affirmatively strong to face all challenges.

AngelineJ said...

Hei Shella, thanks for dropping by! Yup, that's what happens when you become a public figure. I agree with you.