Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bananas to go around

Last night I had a dream that I was eating a banana split with Mia. I reasoned that it must be because I fed Mia with banana puree yesterday. It was also at that moment I realised its been a while since I had a banana split.

And what a coincidence that this morning I stumbled upon a banana bread recipe by our kitchen whiz friend - Cinda in her blog. I SO WANTED to give the recipe a try but not for now because I don't have a bread tin!

Nonetheless, I was still inspired by Cinda's recipe and decided to make some Fabulous Banana Muffins to be shared with our special friends at the pool later in the evening.

Here's what I used to make about 12 mini muffins plus 7 out of shape muffins:

  • Forgot to count pisang emas (errrr "golden bananas"?!), mashed (the more bananas the moister). You can use other types of bananas.
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/3 cup melted margarine or butter
  • chocolate chips (I didn't have any, so I grated some cooking chocolate)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups flour

Mix the mashed banana, sugar, egg and margarine together. In a separate bowl, mix together baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour.

Mix wet and dry ingredients all together.

Pour into greased muffin tray. Look, I magically found a muffin baking tray in our kitchen cabinet! LOL!!! It's meant for little muffins so that's why I had extra batter to put into these sad looking muffin paper stuff.

Then bake in oven for approximately 25 minutes at 180 degrees C . To make sure the muffins are cooked, you can poke a toothpick in the middle of the muffins. If the toothpick comes out clean, then the muffins are cooked.

There you have it, Fabulous Banana Mini Muffins - all 12 of them

plus 7 (6 now, I ate 1 before taking the picture) odd looking muffins! I must say... delicious! These are darker because I had them baked longer.

And finally, 2 happy friends!

4 comments:

Va Va Voom said...

looks yummy!!!!

Anonymous said...

rasanya ada lah cake menyalat di tgh gg aku tu kan

AngelineJ said...

hehe....sedap ;)

Z: patutlah.... ku ingat u goin for Madonna punya look!

SJB aka SUELYN J-B. said...

My favorite :D.