Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Birthday Present(s)?

I wanted to leave the kids with my husband last Saturday so I could go out shopping for my birthday present (seeing that the husband DID NOT get me anything for my birthday). Seeing my husband's response to this implied that he was sort of freaking out ... at the idea of being left alone with the kids, not me shopping. So I thought.

Then he said, "Let's make it a family day. We'll take both the kids with us to buy your present." "Yahoo" went my little heart.

Of to 1Borneo we went. We started by window shopping since I don't really know what I wanted.

"A Rolex?!" I jokingly asked my husband as we stood outside the Rolex store. He replied by saying he's going to get me the cheap-lak version yg banyak ampai-ampai di Petaling St tu. Ishk.

Then he dragged me to Parkson. Fine, maybe he's going to get me a nice piece of costume jewelry. We didn't find anything there so we moved up to the next floor.

Again, he dragged me to Parkson and with his eyes gleaming with delight, as if he's hit the jackpot, he tells me that he knows what to get me for my birthday.

A couple of freakin' pots!

Expensive they may be, but I'm no Nigella Lawson or anywhere near a kitchen goddess. Cooking pots?! Oh well. Not to sound ungrateful but... darling, you're better than this. I know so.

2 comments:

Anne B. said...

ohh i wish i can have a tefal ;) hehee

AngelineJ said...

Anne! Tefal is nice. But it doesn't make one a good cook. I'm sure you rock your kitchen in any type of kitchen-ware... with or without Tefal. Percaya kau, I burn food a lot when cooking, sampai stuck to the cookware.