Friday, June 5, 2009

Morning or Mourning?

They say that 80% of women who are pregnant will be experiencing morning sickness. However, the condition will most likely subside and disappear after the 1st trimester ie 3 months (around 12 weeks).

I'm in Week 15 now, and hello.... still vomiting. I spoke to some experienced relatives and friends and they told me that some women have this condition throughout their pregnancy. Palis palis jauh jauh... touch wood, pls don't let this happen to me!

And why on earth do they call it morning sickness when it happens all day long? There are just so many things which trigger my vomiting. These are just some:
  1. Food (any food). There was a time I turned "anorexic" and feared food because of what follows everytime I consume food. Basically, what goes in, must come out. Even my favourite Mr Potato Chips is a no no for me. Somehow Mr Potato will come out like flour. Now, I'm just so used to it, I'll just eat and then let my crazy hormones do its job.
  2. The smell of leather (aaaaahhhhhh, I used to love the smell of leather. I even have this disgusting habit of smelling my leather handbags and get a certain high from it! Walking into LV stores was just like heaven. I used to love lounging on our leather sofa while watching tv. And now, huuuuuhhhhhhh.....)
  3. B.O: Body odour
  4. Lux shower gel. I've switched to using Dettol shower gel now.
  5. Dove shampoo smell. I'm trying out Clear shampoo now.
  6. Trojan laundry detergent. I thinking of changing to Dynamo.
  7. The hot sun (the dry spell we've been experiencing is not much help).
  8. The smell of rubber mats.
  9. Talking a lot (that's why I've resorted to going into hiding from people on most occassions).
  10. The latest is oil, cooking oil, any oil. Even Johnson's baby oil.
I'd normally drag myself and lie down everytime I've done the deed. While I lie down, I'd turn into this sorry state and think "woe is me". There are just so many things I can't do as I like now. There are so many things I have to say bye bye to (temporarily I hope). And then sometimes, even crying happens. Which then makes me wonder, maybe the wise person who came up with the idea of naming this condition morning sickness made a spelling error and really meant MOURNING SICKNESS.

I admit that the vomiting is getting lesser now (from a high of 22 times a day to about 5 - 8 times a day now). The feeling after each vomit though is still as bad. It leaves a certain sour-ish, sweetish yet yucky feeling in my mouth. Even though I'm done, I'd still be standing with my jaw wide open over the toilet bowl wondering whether there'd still be vomit coming out. Euggghhhhhh!

On the upside though my face have turned a little sharper. He he he. Not so round anymore! Weight wise, 54kg. Down from 58kg when we returned from our honeymoon. Yeah, I need to pack on some weight for Poppy' sake.

And while all this vomiting is happening, I wonder what Poppy is doing inside there. Maybe he/she is doing some acrobatic acts, swimming, hanging out. Maybe he/she is thinking that there's a bungee cord attached to him/her and hence just jumping around there. Hope all is well in there though.

3 comments:

Uzoeiy @ Zoi said...

Hello Angeline!! Wooooaaaa...mommy to be!! So glad to hear that.

'Morning' to 'mourning'? hehhee..creative juga mommy to be ni. Pity you, sounds so weak la you Angeline. 22 times vomiting perday. Aduii..teruk tu. Nasib udah kurang.

Nda pa, everything will be paid off when the little poppy coming out.

Meanwhile, i wish you good luck throughout ur pregnancy!

AngelineJ said...

Hi Evelyn! Thanks for your visit and wishes. Yup, I suppose that's what I get for getting pregnant late-r! But I'm told it's also genetic. My mourning sickness is getting a bit better now.

Fred and I are very excited for the day that we finally get to hold "Poppy". But first need to get a proper name lah kan?!

I've been reading your Daniel's blog as well. Nice cake!

BTW Welcome back to JB, hang in there, your tough times will be over. Keep us updated hah on what's happening. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mam....

Ciannn you...really bad woh ur morning sickness this. Apa2 pun just hang on there it will be pay off and worth it when November is coming..hahahah...take care and god blessed.