Thursday, June 25, 2009

Never thought I could.

But I did.

As I was nursing my bad back ache over old episodes of SATC, it occurred to me that I am lucky in a way in that I haven't put on tremendous weight for this pregnancy. Yet.

Sure, I lost a few kgs due to my horrid mourning sickness. But I also gained 2kgs in the past month. My last weigh in was 56kg at 17 weeks pregnancy. Seeing that I was 61 kg this time last year (not pregnant then, just chubby!), I think I'm doing pretty well.

As I was watching the ladies of SATC bitching about their love lives or lack of it, I suddenly remembered the tub of ice-cream in the freezer that my husband bought the other night.

I hit the pause button on the DVD remote and made my way to the fridge. I surprised myself at how quickly I was able to pick myself off the sofa in spite of the pain in my back. I then waddled back to the sofa to continue the big drama on TV.

Soon, shock replaced my pride because in just over 5 minutes, I gobbled a whole tub of Baskins & Robbins Very Berry Strawberry!Ooops, soooory darling. Your ice-creams finished. Poppy needed something to eat. (Easy to blame the kid!)

No comments: