Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Shopping

In the past, I'd normally leave my Christmas shopping to the very last minute. Since last year I decided to make a change and start shopping in November. Not that I had a choice then cos I was due to give birth on 23rd November and knowing that I won't be able to go shopping during the confinement period of 1 month, I had to get everything done by 22nd November.

So this year, I started early. In November too. Usually I'd shop alone, but this year, I have a shopping buddy. My Mia! The 2of us went shopping at 1Borneo last Saturday while her Papa was away on his company trip. We completed everything in 5 hours... all 12 gifts. Other gifts were bought during earlier shopping sprees.

Mia is a real mummy's helper.... She insist on helping me to carry this HUGE box on our way to our car so I could get it and other goodies out of our way and return to the mall to continue shopping.

See that ball hanging on the stroller? That's hers to play with at home. I let her choose 1 ball and she chose this one, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. I think she chose it because it was the only pink ball in the pile. I bought it for around RM5! The pink backpack hanging at the back... that is another gift for someone with gifts for others inside it. I try as much as I can not to ask for plastic bags.

The thing with shopping with our toddler is that she's gotta have something to hold on to while I'm browsing. So, the first thing I'd do whenever we walk into a shop knowing that we'd be there for a while, is to look for a soft toy for her to just play with while I look around. After which I'd conveniently return the toy upon check-out.

Upon reaching home, I fed Mia, got her changed into her pajamas, put her to bed and finally wrapped up all the presents. All 20 of them. I'm happy, hope the receivers will be too!

Here are just some of the prezzies sitting under our Christmas tree... just waiting for Christmas morning. The other gifts couldn't fit and so I had to put them in a bag to be delivered straight to the recipients earlier this week.

No comments: