Thursday, December 9, 2010

Yo... Wake UP!

My love affair with the black out curtains started on the day I discovered black out curtains (while staying in a hotel). I've been wanting black out curtains for my bedroom ever since. Even before moving into this first home of ours, I've insisted on black out curtains for all the bedrooms. I don't think that my husband quite get why I put my foot down on this.

Anyway, I managed to convince him and I'm pretty sure he's happy with our decision because otherwise, we'd have the morning sun shine into the bedroom. And when you really need to sleep in after an exhausting day (before), it would not be so grand.

When our daughter wakes up in the morning (which is at most times, really early), she'll stand in her crib and make her announcement that she's awake. I would normally respond with, "Hi darling, good morning". Because it'll still be "dark" in the room, she'll then sit in her crib and continue to play with her toys, and I can continue to catch a bit more shut eyes before getting up.

Lately, our daughter has also caught on the purpose of our black out curtains. When I don't get up when she wants me to take her downstairs, she'll do this:Arrrrggggghhhhhh! The sun.... the sun! She'll then stare at me and give me a look that says, "Yo, get UP already!"

Vampire me would be forced to get up and bring her downstairs for play, change diaper and breakfast time.

1 comment:

SteffianaJ said...

Mia is a very clever girl laaa