Friday, December 10, 2010

We Got Mail

I was pleasantly surprised when I opened our mailbox this morning.

We got our 1st Christmas card... a real Christmas card. From our dearest friends Janet & Magdy.
Our Mia was really happy that I let her take the card out of the envelope. Thanks Janet & Magdy!

There were 2 more cards in there for Rosie, and Teresa & her mum. I'll be handing them over to the ladies when we meet for our pre-Christmas breakfast. I told them about their cards already.

These days I rarely receive actual cards... it's all e-cards, sms greetings and now "tag"s in Facebook! The times I do receive any greeting card would be from companies that I've been buying goods from, and even then, its quite rare.

Don't get me wrong, not that I don't appreciate the e-cards, sms greetings and tags in FB. I do, I really do. But I miss the days of sending and receiving actual cards. Speaking of which, today I finally did it. I sent out my very first Christmas card in over a decade!

The card is for Janet and her husband Magdy who are in Canada now. This card has been sitting round our house for 2 weeks and I keep on forgetting to post it. When I received Janet & Magdy's card this morning I was overcome with guilt! I packed our Mia into the car (she wants to hold on to the card) and off we went to the post office. Done!

No comments: