Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Out with the girls

We went out today with Janet and Teresa. Well, it was Janet who invited us for a lunch meeting to discuss preparations for her upcoming engagement. She's getting engaged to a Canadian from Victoria at the end of this month and she's asked me to become sort of an emcee. More on that next time in another post!

Where did we have our lunch meeting? At Upperstar Lintas. This place is packed in the evenings (mostly by "youngsters" and yuppies) but during the daytime, its alright. As most of you know, I hate going to crowded places, more so if I have to tug Mia along.

These are what we ordered:
A huge plate or shall I say platter of chicken salad - the chicken is sliced roast chicken. Well, you're suppose to mix all the stuff together and dress it up with the thousand island dressing. That little bowl of dressing wasn't enough for our liking so we asked for another bowl. Very yummy and can be shared amongst 4 people.
See how huge it is. I can practically sit Mia in the middle of the plate and you'll still be able to see salad parts coming out of her sides. I think she'll make a nice "centrepiece". Hehehe!

Big plate but just a bit of the actual spaghetti carbonara. Costs under RM8. This spaghetti is wonderful and I love it. Its so creamy and I told Teresa & Janet that I'm going to learn to make this dish.
Pizza Sensation. This was absolutely delicious. I've always liked Upperstar's pizza. And quite affordable too - RM15.75

Janet asked for tobasco sauce and the staff came back with ... the Red Devil.

Folded Tacos. Janet says they're nice. By the time I got to try the tacos, they were cold. Not so yummy by then. The fries... chewy.

This is why I was late in trying the tacos... I was having my 4th pizza slice. Nah tamaha (greedy)! How am I ever going to lose weight I ask?!

The total bill for our meal with drinks (2 100Plus, 2 mango pineapple juice) = around RM65.

There's something for Mia too.... her bottle of milk

And she loves to smack her lips... so until next time.... MUAH to you all! Have a happy day!

3 comments:

SJB aka SUELYN J-B. said...

Cute bah mulut dia tu heheh. saya boleh imagine oh. Gergitan saya tengok.

Wah..so many foods heheh. Tu spaghetti bah, ya nampak sikit kan?. kalau saya tidak cukup tu hahaha tamaha. Tapi tu harga ok lah boleh di terima :D.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

Mia looks rock with Bandana...

AngelineJ said...

Thanks SJB! Ya, the price is ok di Upperstar. Boleh lah kau bawa budak budak kau makan sana next time you come back. Most of the menu western food, so tidak lah kotigog perut diorang!

Zie: Rock kan dia! She doesn't mind it when I put bandanas on her (mau tutup butak bah), so sia mau beli banyak lagi yang macam ni supaya mummynya pun boleh share share ;)