Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday Madness

I don't do (or rather do the bare minimal of housework) during the weekends preferring more to veg out and go out. With an infant who's curious to grab hold of anything within reach and leaving things around the living room, and a slummy mummy who can't be bothered to clean up - instead just leave things as they are so she can enjoy her weekend... well, you could imagine the horror of our home when Monday comes along.

6.00am: Alarm clock named Mia woke me up. Feeding time. She refused to go back to sleep, so we played a bit then she gave me the look - the Mummy I wanna poop look. Sat her down on her potty and try as she may, she only farted. OK, false alarm this time.

8.00am: Took her downstairs, switched on the TV for her. The living room looks like a nightmare!
Never mind the mess for a while. I had to take the garbage out first. The garbage collector normally comes around 9am. Having done that, I got started by clearing things off the floor, then vacuumed the living room and dining room.

9.00am: Feeding time for my Mia. She's getting better at eating solids now ie instead of pushing the food out of her mouth with her tongue, she's actually swallowing with ease. In fact, she wants to eat more. It's just her mummy who has to learn to be less messy when feeding her.

9.15am: Poopy time - just a bit of poopy in the potty. This means she'll be wanting to poop again later in the afternoon.
Continued feeding session with milk

9.30am: Bath time - her favourite

9.50am: Put clean baby in her walker, let her run around the living room. Put 1st load of laundry into the washing machine. I continued with the cleaning - clearing and wiping table tops.

10.30am: Time for her nap. Gave her water to drink and soon enough, she fell asleep. Mopped the floors.

11.15am: Mia woke up. Changed her nappy. Oh oh... poopy look. Plonked her on her potty. Sure enough, poopy in the potty. Gave her water to drink then let her run around in her walker again. Took her outside in her walker to the back porch. Time to hang the laundry, and put the 2nd load in the washing machine. We're back into the living room. She runs around. I take pictures.

Happy am I to see a clean room. Happy is Mia to have a clear runway!

Even my "workstation" is clean. I call this my workstation because this is where I blog, feed Mia her milk, sit when I watch TV, and lay down for my naps (very rare these days). I love this corner because I can see outside from here.

11.45am: Yes. Clean living room. I can check blogs & visit Facebook.

12 noon: Feeding time for Mia - milk.

12.15pm: Played with Mia. She was getting tired of being plonked in her walker and wanted some time with her mummy to tickle and kiss her. She loves it when I press my lips onto her chubby bouncy cheeks. I love to do it because she laughs everytime my lips touches her soft cheeks.

12.30pm: Got started on my sewing project. Will blog about this one of these days.


12.50pm: Took Mia out to the porch again. It's time to hang the 2nd load of laundry.

1.00pm: Back inside the house, it's time to clean the dining room and kitchen.

2.15pm: The clean laundry in the basket is just yelling out to be folded and ironed. They've been there since Friday evening. Like I said, I don't do much housework during the weekends! So, I got started on that. It's a bit of a chore really with Mia trying to pull my husband's shirt's sleeves as I iron. I tried to put up with it as much as I can until I couldn't anymore. So I stopped ironing and started folding towels and such.

3.00pm: Gave Mia her milk, put her to sleep. I continued with ironing.

3.45pm: Rushed upstairs to take a shower and do the beds.

4.00pm: Crap. The gate guy is coming over to fix our gate at 4.30pm and I still need to get to the market to buy stuff for dinner. Mia wakes up and we make our way to the market.

4.20pm: We're back at home. The market is near our house so we're able to get everything and come home in less than 20 mins.

4.45pm: Got started to prepare things in the kitchen for dinner. Cooked steam rice first. The gate guy never showed up.

5.15pm: Mia gives me the I want to poopy sound. Sat her on her potty. Yes, success. We watched TV for a while.

6.00pm: Time for her milk and water again.

6.20pm: I tried put her to sleep so I could go into the kitchen to cook, but she doesn't want to. So, I carried her and her walker back into the kitchen and started cooking while she happily followed me around the kitchen.

6.45pm: Dinner cooked. Just waiting for husband to come home now. Mia looks a little bit tired so I gave her water to drink and soon she fell asleep.

7.00pm: Quiet time for me. I put away her toys and enjoyed the serenity of a clean home.

7.30pm: Husband arrives home. I go to the kitchen and took our dinner to the dining room.

8.00pm: Dinner done, dishes done. Thanks to the husband for helping wipe the dinner table. Went blog hopping for a while. I felt a little tired so I decided to "rest my eyes".

11.00pm: Crap! I fell asleep for nearly 3 hours. Mia didn't wake up for her 9.00pm feeding. She must be hungry. I changed her into her disposable diapers, gave her milk and she drank it with her eyes closed.

11.15pm: Time to take her upstairs to her bed.

11.30pm: Updating my blog. By 1.30am, I got tired and went to bed!

Notice something missing here? No breakfast, no lunch. It was such a mad day I totally forgot to eat until dinner time!

3 comments:

Cinda said...

Now that a real mummy day! I think all days end in madness when you have kids but I wouldn't trade it for anything. The mess=the lived in look, tons of dirty laundry=work in progress, meal time=a creative 30min outlet, sleeping children=heaven... Hubby=my PA to all waste management and part-time ref with the kids!

SJB aka SUELYN J-B. said...

Sama lah kita tu. Monday mesti busy kan. mana lagi mahu kasih bersih rumah, kasih makan baby, hantar and ambil anak from school. eh..banyak lah. Memang tu busy. Saya boleh imagine oh. well, Apa boleh buat kan.

AngelineJ said...

Hi Cinda! You're right, I wouldn't want to trade this chaos for anything else either. I used to cry in the beginning asking myself "what have I gotten myself into?!" But now, I think we're the luckiest bunch!

SJB: Ya, bukan yg kerja di opis saja ada Monday blues! Ini belum lagi mau hantar anak pi school! But, bring it on... I'll be ready! hehehe