Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Woman Confined: Day 9

My cPG is such an emotional creature! We were seated in front of the telly, she sitting on a foot stool and holding Mia on one arm, me sitting on the sofa. The 2 of us plus Mia have been following a Chinese series for 2 days now. I don't understand Chinese but cPG has been translating for me. The show is called "The Single Mother" (she somehow got addicted) and today the tv was showing episodes 22 - 26.... a marathon!

We got to episode 25 and I heard a sob. I looked at cPG and she was crying, wiping her tears on her sleeves. She turned to me and said, "Uiyoooo, manyak kasiaaaaan oooooooh. Bikin nangis wuuuh!" with tears streaming down her cheeks. I wanted to take Mia from her arm but she somehow found comfort having Mia there as she kept on sniffing Mia's head. I wanted to laugh at cPG but I controlled myself. I was so tempted to grab my camera and take a photo!

After episode 25, she went to the kitchen to prepare lunch while I put Mia to sleep in the nursery. cPG kept on saying, she has to watch the last episode (episode 26) to find out the ending to the story otherwise it'll bother her. This time I laughed together with her.

I didn't watch episode 26 as I felt sleepy and wanted to take a nap. The moment I woke up and went downstairs, cPG updated me on the conclusion to the series. She just couldn't wait! Then I asked her, did you see the new series? She said, no.... she's scared she'll get hooked on it again. But there's another series starting this Sunday starring Chinese, Taiwanese and HK actors. Now that one she wants to watch! OMG!!! Well, so long as she does the work that she's employed to do (which she takes VERY seriously), I don't mind. Just don't expect me to follow the show with her from episode 1 to 20++.

On another note, Mia's belly button bled tonight... Seeing the worried look on my face, cPG told me not to panic, the umbilical cord is drying and will be dropping off soon. I just feel so sorry for Mia... must be painful...

No comments: