Thursday, July 21, 2011

Past, Present, Future

“Life is divided into three terms – that which was, which is, and which will be. Let us learn from the past to profit by the present, and from the present to live better in the future.” William Wordsworth

First, lets look at the past.

Shock, gasp, horror! What was I thinking when I put on my ensemble?! The hair, the masculine jacket, mandarin collar, pink socks, pink shoes.


This is what happens when you let your mummy cut your hair. We all had hairstyles inspired by The Beatles for a long time.

I used to go out late into the night a lot. Clubbing, karaoke-ing, food-tasting, wine tasting events.

I'm not shy when addressing a crowd. I can totally lose myself in the moment. So much so, I also tend to forget how I must have looked. Check out how W I D E apart my legs are in this picture. Not a pretty sight!

And yes, I used to be thin.


Earlier tonight, I met up with some friends and looked through these pictures. We had a blast reminiscing the past. Why did I bring out these old pictures with me? Well, they were props for our photo-shoot. More on the photo shoot in another post. By the way, these last 2 pics were taken from Facebook! The Organising Chairperson took these photos.

Yes, indeed there's a lot that we can learn from the past to profit our present. There's a lot that we can learn from our present to live a better future. Be it in our sense of dressing, the way we carry ourselves, our speech, how we handle situations, our mannerism or even in our thoughts.

Looking back at those pictures tonight made us all laugh.

Of course, there were also moments of tension, anger, frustrations, pain and the like associated to the memories. This occurs more when things are not going our way. I've learnt to just let them go. I now choose my battle. Life is short. You live but once. Let our past make us better, not bitter.

No comments: