Friday, July 15, 2011

Need a BIG break

What a week. Mia has missed a week from school because she's sick again. It started with eye infection @ crusty eye discharge, "sleepers", taik mata! Then it was her coughing, flu, runny nose, high fever, and chest infection. Since Monday we've been sleeping without the air con on. Read: SUFFERIN' SAUNA SITUATION!

To make matters worse, she refuse to take her medicine. I hid it in yoghurt which worked for a couple of days and then nope, she caught on and refused yoghurt. I hid it in juice, and again, reject. After that, we resorted to using brute force to shove the medicine into her mouth using the syringe and she spits out about 70% of the medicine. Ishk.

She's not 100% well in that she's still coughing a bit and has a little bit of runny nose as well.
But she's well enough for a "footy fight" with her brother today

Still, it worries me if it is wise to take the risk and bring her along to the Sutera Harbour's 7K Run tomorrow. Oh well, we'll see how we go.

Naturally, I left Mia at home most days this week while I go about to run errands. Including yesterday when I took Alan out to get his passport photo done.


Yes, baby Alan has his very own passport done today:

It doesn't take long to get passports done. For infants, we just need:
  • a photocopy of the baby's birth certificate,
  • a copy of the parent/guardian making the application for the baby,
  • 2 passport size photo
  • completed form
  • RM150 payment for a 5-year passport (RM300 for adults OK)
Once I submitted his application and made the payment, I was told that the passport would be ready in 1 hour. Guess what, I took my chance and checked with the counter 20 minutes after making my payment and his passport was already ready! I was so glad we waited there.

Mia had her passport done when she was around about 5 months to prepare for our trip to Singapore.

And now, Alan has his own and we are a step closer to be all set for our next trip (wink wink!)... a BIG break!

2 comments:

Anne B. said...

same like dania, x suka makan ubat but i have to force her by hold her real tight with my both legs hahaa then hold her jaw and wait until she swallow the medicine. kejam oh kan but apa blh buat mau baik kan hehehe

AngelineJ said...

Ya bah Anne. Sejak pandai guna tu tangan kakinya - terror sudah si Mia escape/halang makan ubat. Some may view it as child abuse, but what else can we do?! Kan baik kalau dijarum ja. LOL!