Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Focus on New Food Moment

Sick of cooking the same old stuff using the same old ingredient, I decided to commit to learning to cook with a new ingredient each week.

This week's New Food Focus is:
Pumpkin

I've never cooked with pumpkin in all my life. Heck, I don't even know how to choose a ripe pumpkin. So I got a piece of pumpkin from Giant, all nicely cut for the amateur cook in me.

I couldn't decide what to do with the pumpkin so I googled for ideas. In the end, I decided to make Bubur Ah Cha Cha Cha! It's actually plain old bubur cha cha but I tweaked the recipe a bit.

Here are the basic ingredients: 1 bowl of yam, 2 bowls of pumpkins, 3 bowls of sweet potatoes, screw pine leaves (pandan leaves), coconut milk, 1 bowl of sago pearls. For taste, I put in some gula melaka and a bit of salt.

Throw in some slices of bananas and top it up with vanilla ice-cream. There you go, Bubur Ah Cha Cha Cha!

I still had a bit of pumpkin left. I simply stir fried it with garlic and chicken. That's dinner for us tonight: Garlic pumpkin chicken.

Mission accomplished!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2nd pic looks yummy!!!

AngelineJ said...

;) yummy yummy!