Monday, March 29, 2010

Focus on New Food Moment

It's that time of the week again: New food cooking in the kitchen.

This time, it's:
Tadaaaa: Yam

After much thought during the weekend, I finally decided to cook Yam Chicken. Yes Rosie, chicken again!

First, I sliced the yam into smaller pieces.

Then I fried the yam pieces until they're golden brown.

Meanwhile, the chicken pieces are marinated in oyster sauce, grated ginger, grated garlic, and a bit of pepper.

Stir fry the marinated chicken, adding a bit of water from time to time.

After the chicken is cooked, toss in the fried yam slices. If you want to make the sauce thicker, you can always add a bit of corn flour mixed in plain water.
When you're ready to serve, throw in some garnishings on top and there you go. Yam Chicken - simple yet yummy. Best eaten with steaming hot rice.

You'll notice that I never put in measurements on the ingredients. That's because my kitchen does not have measuring equipments except for tablespoon, teaspoon and cup.

But I did buy an apron yesterday from Kaison. A bargain at only RM8.90! I'll get a kitchen scale and measuring cup next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy....hahahaha yah!!! yah!!! chicken is owez ur speciality...

cabi said...

i didnt know u r good cook~ hehehe~ nampak sadaaaaap ni~ :)