Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Gong Xi Fa Cai 2010

This Chinese New Year is going to be the first of many for us.

Among others, it'll be the first time that Fred and I:
  • won't be receiving Chinese New Year Ang Pows for ourselves
  • will be giving out Chinese New Year Ang Pows
  • gladly bring along our very own baby to Chinese New Year open houses :)
I have to admit that my Chinese New Year decorations in our house this year is VERY little and relaxed compared to previous years.

Let's start with the living room.

One end of our tv cabinet.
Because I've been spending a lot of time in Kaison these past few days, I managed to grab these flowers and a huge vase to put them all together. The lanterns... recycled from last year.


Chest of drawers.
I didn't have to do anything here. This plant was given as a gift by Dora Alberto Chinese New Year last year. It's been there ever since!


Couch
Again, last year's cushion covers. I only needed to take them out and replace our regular covers.


Moving on now to the dining room.


Console table
Recycled flowers and white stones from Chinese New Year last year. The crystal vase was a wedding gift.

Speakers
I know it hasn't got to do with anything Chinese New Year (who ever heard of the year of the sotong?!). This is Mia's toy. It's red. Chinese New Year is all about red. There go.

Just because Chinese New Year falls on Valentine's Day! My big red hearty cushion comes out too.

There they are. Our Chinese New Year deco for this year - the year of the tiger. So, how come there aren't any tigers on display? Well, that would be me. I was born in the year of the tiger. R-O-A-RRRRRR or is it M-E-O-W?!

So, how are your Chinese New Year decorations this year?

No comments: