Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Part 7: The very long holiday weekend

Monday 15th February 2010

We went to attend my cousin's open house in the kampung (village) in the afternoon. It was so good to catch up with the cousins whom I grew up with ... and also meeting their children (so many children!). When we were younger ( a lot younger than today), we used to go to this cousin's home every new year's eve because of the good food their late father prepares and of course for the ang pow!

Now, the cousins are all grown up, they continued the tradition of inviting relatives to their home to welcome the new year.

Fred and I distributed ang pows to the singles and the kiddies. They were so many of them and we finished the whole bunch of ang pows that we brought along with us! I hope I didn't miss out on anyone. Here are just some of my favourite pictures of the day to share:
Mia's first encounter with lion dance. She's so brave - she didn't cry at all with all the noise and 5 lions jumping around. In fact she kept looking at them.

Fire crackers are blown up to scare away the evil spirits

Cover Mia's ears. Not because she was scared of the firecrackers. Far from it. We don't want to harm her hearing.

Mia and I gave ang pow to the lion dancers, and in return we got a card
Just some of my cousin's children helping to take care of Mia. The one with the striped top is Faustina. She's so sweet. She went to look for and carry a stroller for Mia to sleep in.

My cousin Fung Eng @ Suzannah. She has 6 children!

Her husband Sunny and son Emanuel.

My cousin Ah-Boo the chef, with his mum (my dad's elder sister)

In pink is Cathy, cousin Ah Boo's wife. Next to her is my cousin Fung Ling @Lolita, she's got 3 kids now.

Cousin Ab Boo and Cathy don't have any children yet. Their dog Rocky is their baby for now. He's so cute.

Cathy and Rocky

Cousin Ah Boon with 2 of his 4 children: Emil & Bibi

Mia and her Nenek (Grandma)

Mia and her Kiki (Grandpa)
Align Center
My dad wanted to tapau (take away) some of my aunt's kueh!

No comments: