Friday, February 19, 2010

A Birthday and CNY Celebration... just us!

I don't fancy big parties. I used to. But since being "hooked up" I much prefer small parties of close families and friends.

This Chinese New Year, we've attended family gatherings - on both sides. So that's done.

Yesterday, Fred and I hosted a very small gathering of 10 + 1 for Chinese New Year and a secret birthday celebration. Thanks for bringing the food and drinks Janet, Teresa, Rosie, Mervyn & Christine.
My Mia has to be dressed up in her Chinese costume.
Rosie arrives with her puddings - she made them herself ;)

In that cooler - Beer, shandy and ice-cream. This Mr & Mrs Yong ahhhhh, carried their cooler to our place with the goodies. So thoughtful. Thanks Merv & Christine!
Mr & Mrs Yong: Mervyn & Christine with our Mia
My bridesmaids, maid-of-honor, and birthday girl
Mama Mia! What big arms you've got?!
Our busy ladies getting the food ready
Chicken soup by me; prawns, noodles and beancurd by Teresa; acar timun and chicken curry by Janet. I bought duck and roasted pork too (not photographed!)
Pudding by Rosie
Birthday girl still doesn't know this is her birthday celebration. She insists on getting a pink spoon for her pudding.
Maker meet (eat) her pudding
Our babysitter for the night, my niece Krystle @ Yen yen
Happy birthday Lola Dora! Thanks Christine for carrying out the cake and "saving" Teresa

3 comments:

Aunty J said...

I can't help but noticed your top - "Mrs Pitt" oh..hahahaha...

AngelineJ said...

:) Joyce!

Prasan kan?!

Anonymous said...

Yuhuuuu Thks for sharing my pudding in ur blog. Only today i managed to open my blog as well blog hop. I forgot my hotmail p/w as well my blog p/w hahahahaha. Tlampau lama tidak buka sampai lupa p/w luckyly still can remember the ID so just asked for reset p/w hahahahaha...