Tuesday, August 2, 2011

NEW - Playground set!

Our dear friends Donald & Lucinda have been busy clearing up some stuff in their storeroom to make space for Don's things.

And one of the things that Cinda has to (painfully I'm sure) had to get rid off was a playground set: Hide & Slide Climber by Little Tikes. Of all people she contacted to "handover" this gem of toy to, was me! Yeah!!! Mia has always been a fan of slides and I'm sure she'd love this.

It once belonged to her eldest child, Ashley whose all grown up now (13 years old) and was passed down to her younger brother, Tristan. Apparently the boy's a real little tike on the playground set, which could be dangerous so they had to put it away in the store room.

They didn't dare bring it out for baby no 3.... another boy!
This morning, Don & Cinda came over to set up the playground. Cinda checked somewhere and the setup was suppose to take around 20 minutes. We timed her and she did the setup in 9 minutes! How efficient can you get?!

Don did help doing the heavy punching things into places stuff. Sorry Don, I didn't get to take your picture helping. LOL!

I then picked up Mia from her nursery later this afternoon. When she noticed the playground set she was so surprised. She dropped her towel (she always carries her towel everywhere she goes), stood for a while looking stunned, turned around to look at me and when I gave her the nod of approval she just shrieked like a mad woman and went straight to climber.

I was frantically looking for my handphone to take her picture and by the time I got to take her picture, she had already slid down the slide. Look at that, she just went for the slide while still holding on to her other favourite toy - a mini abacus.

The slide and the ground were still wet when she played on it but she didn't care . She was having a blast.

Even when I begged her to come inside the house she pretended not to hear me. She just sat there pretending to be "busy". I finally did manage to lure her into the house by increasing the volume on the TV!

3 hours later, she's outside again! And she didn't even bother taking her binky off before running outside.

Luckily we have our domestic help to keep an eye on her and play with her outdoors.

She's getting much better with her landing now.

After playing for over an hour, I got Mia to come inside for her bath. She stepped into the living room, she saw the back door was still opened, and she just ran towards it, laughing in glee. Our domestic help was at the back taking the laundry and was fast to catch our girl. So we let her play again for another half hour before she went for her bath.

That's not the end of it. After her bath, she came down to the living room. I had our front door open but the grill locked. Mia was beyond disappointed but still optimistic - she tried to squeeze through the grill! OMG!

Let's see how she is tomorrow.... hmmmmmm....


5 comments:

Cinda said...

I'm so happy that Mia loves it. She had the same response as Ashley did when she first saw it and it's so nice to see another little girl enjoying the slide. I had alot of fond memories watching my kids play on it and I'm sure you will have the same.

SJB aka SUELYN J-B. said...

She's getting bigger.

Anne B. said...

so cute la mia! i wish dania could have her own play set hehee the other day brought her to kfc playground takut dia. the gnnome juliet movie is it latest movie ka?

AngelineJ said...

Cinda: Thanks. After 1 week, Mia is still enjoying her moments with the slide. Its a "must do" for her, every morning & evening.

Sue: Thanks. Yes, she is!

Anne: Thanks. U encourage Dania. Si Mia ni a bit of a daredevil. Not afraid of heights at all - must have gotten that from her father. Gnomeo and Juliet movie I think has been out for quite a while... u try and download it. Its quite fun to watch!

Rose Flower said...

Wah punya happy lah si Mia tu kan??? hehehehe....i know u follow ma blog od thks ma'am.....