Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sunset Walk

It was such a nice weather yesterday, a tad bit hot in the afternoon but cooler in the evening. My husband wasn't working (hooray for public holiday) and he suggested we take the kids out the park for a bit of fun.

We got to Taman Rimba at about 6pm. There were lots of people there and looking for parking was a near nightmare. We managed to park the car (finally) and we hurried to find a spot for me to feed Alan. He was getting mighty grumpy because it was his feeding time already.

So while I fed Alan, my husband and Mia disappeared amongst the crowd in the playground area.

I took Alan for a stroll around the park after feeding him.
The sun was about to set to make way for the night. We saw a group of elders doing taichi with the sunset as their backdrop. It was magical. I love watching sunsets like this so much so, my sun looks like the sunset now - so red! LOL!
As I turned to my right, I saw the Sabah State Library building. It looks beautiful. I never knew that the building work has completed.
Here's a closer look of the Sabah State Library building. Its nice I must say. The Louvre looking glass pyramid thing looks interesting too. I have to visit the library one of these days.

That wall thing is not for rock climbing yo! I admit that when they were constructing this monument, I was hoping it would be a rock climbing facility. However, it is the known as Tugu Pahlawan-pahlawan (Warriors' Monument) to commemorate the sacrifices made by warriors of Sabah.

It was a good stroll around the park. It may not be as clean or as stroller friendly as Taman Perdana but we had a good time nonetheless.

It was getting really dark and mosquitoes were really getting on my nerves. To me, this was the sign for me to look for Mia and her father so we could go home.

1 comment:

tze said...

u r fine, Angel. I'm now 85kg even without pregnancy :)