Thursday, May 5, 2011

Royal Wedding Get-together

Unless you're living under a huge rock for the past 5 - 6 months, I'm sure you would have known of the recent Royal "I Do's".

Since the announcement of their engagement back in November last year, the media, as with many of the people around the world, has been abuzz with "ooooohhhhhh..... when is the wedding, what's her dress going to be like, will we be able to catch the live telecast?!" I must admit, I was one of the 'many people'.

Last Friday, I gathered some of my best ladies in front of our telly for some foodies and bubblies to watch the Royal Wedding live.

It was so much fun catching up with the girls after so long. Everyone had stories, jokes, opinions and dreams to share. We were so loud, I was amazed that my 2 babies were able to stay asleep. Here are just some pictures of the evening:

We had chicken wings and sandwiches. See those mini Brit crocs... they're keychains I got from our honeymoon in England two years ago.

Of course there was wine and sparkling juice to toast to the royal newlyweds. There were also lots of Donashi for dessert. Thanks Rosie & Flo for the Swiss roll. That was great with coffee the next morning.

I also asked our maid to join the fun

Alan was sure glad Aunty Flo is around to play with him

My, what huge arms I have. It sort of jiggles now. That's just part of the baby weight I have to get rid of. My thighs are so huge now that they rub against each other when I walk. I'm afraid that if I don't do anything about it, one day smoke may appear from all that rubbin' with the thighs.

The Royal Wedding was really fun to watch together. If it were planned better, I would have gotten some Will & Kate masks prepared or fancy hats for us to wear! But then again, this was all last minute arrangement and we still had a great time.

No comments: