Sunday, April 11, 2010

Masarap Restaurant

Today we had Filipino cuisine for dinner. We tried out one of the newer restaurants in town - Masarap Restaurant in Lintas Square.
The restaurant has a really nice ambiance. It was only 6.15pm when we arrived and already there were quite a number of people inside the restaurant. There's another floor to the restaurant (upstairs) where patrons can book it for functions. The staff are friendly, the restaurant is clean and food were served fast.

Time to order the food. Their menu had pictures to help dazed and confused customers of all ages make decisions.

Crispy Pata (RM50). It's crispy pork leg. This is amongst our favorites when eating at a Filipino restaurant. A little pricey but its meant to be shared by 6 people. We had the extras packed to go.
Bulalong Baka Soup (RM15). This is a small serving, enough for 2. It's basically beef soup with lots of vegetables and corn on the cob. It has a peppery taste. Nice & hearty.
Tortang Talong (RM10). It's eggplant grilled with meat on top. I love this - I think I'll try to make my own version of it next week for my "New Food Moment".
Daing Na Bangus (RM15). Milk fish. Nice. The fish had lots of little bones, but its OK, you can chew and swallow those little bones. I did it. I survived.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely want to go try. Have tried all the food but at Tambayan api2 mo try di masarap lagi ni tau.

AngelineJ said...

Mau cuba tu 'zie. jangan tidak cuba. Though I admit Tambayan is more "authentic" and cosy, Masarap however is nice and luxurious in its set up. You must check out their chandeliers.... saaaaantik!

Cinda said...

TQ for the review. You should add Food Critic to ur CV. We always go pass the place and wonder what the food is like but I still remember our trip to the Philippines and I can't get the sweet, really oil food out of my head. Maybe we'll give Masarap a try.

SJB aka SUELYN J-B. said...

wow macam mahal lah pulak heheh. tapi nampak pun memang sedap lah..

AngelineJ said...

Hi Cinda! I'm too kind to be a food critic! Maybe once I have enough exposure to eating out then I'll be better at it.

Sue: Ya, ada mahal sikit. Macam tu lah tu kalau mau makan di tempat yg cantik sikit!