Saturday, January 9, 2010

Newborns can be so demanding

I've been a bad blogger. Yes, since the end of my confinement, I've abandoned this blog of mine. To put it simply, I've been busy.

It's amazing how much of my time and energy is taken up by a little creature called Amy Liew Yi Mei. My Mia, our diva.

As I'm blogging this, she's lying in her cot in the living room making little noises trying to get my attention. I've learnt to stop myself from running to pick her up everytime she makes little noises. Sometimes she'll give up and fall asleep. Sometimes, (most of the times is more accurate I'd say), she'll cry louder and louder till I have to cave in. See why she's our little diva.

Her needs are simple:
1. Milk
2. Pacifier @ cucut @ dummy
3. Sleep
4. Dry bottom
5. Walk about
6. Rock & cradle
7. Poop
8. Burp

But at a time when she is yet able to speak, trying to figure out throughout the day and night which one of these is "her need of the moment" is taxing.

Yes, newborns can be so demanding. But at the end of the day... seeing this makes all the tiring work worth the effort:
My big darling and little darling having their "chat"

3 comments:

Uzoeiy @ Zoi said...

Hi Angeline! every moment with our little one is a precious experience. If in the future God gives us another chance to have another child/children, they would give us different experience..
hmm..sia rindu time Yong2 macam Mia. Nda payah kejar2..haha!
hugs for Mia!

spinich said...

whats are they talking ? it is nice pictures !!
Takako

AngelineJ said...

Evelyn: Yes, these are precious moments even when the going gets tough!

Takako: How are you?! We miss you so much! Thank you. Fred is saying "Call Papa....", Baby is saying "Heeeei..!" Baby likes to smile