Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Day I Cried (again!)

Last night (Sunday), Mia was crying hysterically. At first, I thought that she was angry because I was late in getting her milk to her. Then I thought it's because she wanted more milk. After that, I thought maybe it's her dress that making her distressed so I took the dress off. Still no improvement.

I told my husband to get her Kangaroo Oil and quickly rubbed it on her belly. She relaxed for a while then the crying started again. I was getting worried, agitated, irritated and wanted to burst into tears but had to get hold of myself. My husband got the Gripe Water he bought a few days earlier and suggested maybe we try to give it to her. He asked me if I knew how to give to her, I shouted back at him to just read me the instructions. I had a screaming baby in my arms, I was in no condition to read for myself.

After giving her the Gripe Water, Mia was slightly better. It was then I realised she hasn't pooped the whole day. It must be bowel problem. Thank goodness for the Gripe Water. It was then I was able to cradle Mia to sleep.

This morning as Mia was finally pooping and husband left for work, I just cried and cried. I don't know why. Maybe it was pure joy that she managed to poop. Maybe I regretted being hard on my husband the night before when he was trying his best to help. Maybe because after Mia pooped, she gave me the biggest smile.

After my good cry, I prayed. I prayed for Mia's well-being. I prayed for forgiveness. I prayed that the Lord give me the strength, patience and wisdom to handle things better.

3 comments:

Uzoeiy @ Zoi said...

Hi again Angeline!

i've been following ur progress with Mia.
hmm..dun wori Fred will understand..i experienced it before.
When some things go wrong with the baby, and there is nobody else around you, you tend to depend 100% to your partner to help/you also tend to get mad quickly when help doesn't come sooner as u expect..it is also could be a source of misunderstanding between new parents.
U'll learn more of it as time pass by..like i did.

Aunty J said...

Besa la tu Angeline...tht happens to me and hubby many times oso esp wen bb is in distress and u just dont know wat is wrong etc...hang in there ya...talk to each other if so u feel better...am sure ur dear hubby understands too...it aint easy being a first time parents too...oso some bb doesnt poo poo everyday oso...ada yg sampai a few days...Ethan longest was 4 days...I was getting a bit worried odi but luckily he pooed on the 4th day hehehe...weird isn't it wen bb poo we mommies will cheer ;p

AngelineJ said...

Thanks Evelyn and Joyce!