Saturday, July 11, 2009

So, how can I help you today...

Oh what a week! I've just completed a 5-day intensive "Counseling Theory & Practice" course offered by the Sabah Theological Seminary.

The course as a whole has been really interesting and it helped me learn a lot about myself. Through watching videos and listening to the lectures, I gain a better understanding of why I've turned out to be the person I am today. In participating in the live counseling sessions, I've gained skills to make me more empathic.

Conducted by a visiting lecturer/counselor from Hong Kong (Dr Mable Young), the course comprised mainly of Masters students. I was the only one not enrolled into their academic program. Still, I'm going through the same assessment process ie assignments and an exam all due on 31st July 2009.

Overall, I enjoyed the course and am looking forward to my next course. Yes, I've registered together with hubby, into their course: "Personal Growth". Wuhooooo!

No comments: