Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Big Countdown

While still ushering in the New Year (yes, we're still out there wishing everyone happy new year), darling and I also welcomed with open arms the countdown to our big day. We’ve been changing dates so many times, I’ve nearly lost count. These were the dates:

  • 09.09.09 (because of the 999 thing. Had to be changed because there was a complaint that it was too long a period to wait)
  • 01.08.09 (because my love for the number 189)
  • May 2009 (later changed because my sister is due to give birth in April)
  • March 2009 (this had to be scrapped off because of the lent period)
  • 28.02.09 (oh, we were so confirmed on this date since September last year. Then came the big revelation that lent begins on 25 Feb 2009. So once again, we had to change the date)
  • Finally, as at today it’s settled to 21.02.09


Do you see a pattern here? While most couple would move their big day to a later date, we did the opposite. And no, I’m not pregnant (yet), so cut that suspicion out.


With just 6 weeks to prepare for everything (including Chinese New Year holidays), yes, it is a rush to prepare for the day.


Last night darling asked me "Are you stressed?". The answer I gave was "No". I’ve come to the decision that I am only going to be as stressed as much as I allow myself to be. With my big red planner in hand, the internet as my PA, my blingified Nokia cellphone connecting me to other people who’ll be helping, I’m so ready to take on the challenge.

No comments: