Friday, May 22, 2009

Making Baby No 1

They say that one of the first signs of pregnancy is morning sickness.

We left for our honeymoon two weeks after our wedding. On the flight from KL - London, I vomited. My first thought at the time was, "This airline food is terrible."

Upon arrival in London, I was cranky. My thought at the time, "I'm just so tired from the journey."

Then there was the regular stops to the toilet, if not to puke, to pee. "Hmmm, this stupid London weather is really getting to me. First, I eat like there's no tomorrow that I over do it. Then, it's so cold that I need to pee so many times even though I haven't been drinking much."

Fast forward a few days. "Hang on. When is my period due?" I brushed my next thought aside for as long as I could which unfortunately was only a few hours. I had to tell Fred. His remark was, "You want to get the test from the pharmacy?"

The first test we bought was from Boots in Bath. As I proceeded to the cashier, I could hear a couple of secondary school girls behind me in line, talking about me and "the test". I remember when I was their age, I would have done the same!

We did the test and the result was:Hmmmm, we were still not sure. After all, there's still a 0.01% chance that the result is not right.

So we decided to get another test set, when we arrive in Oxford. This time we bought Clearblue Digital. The result:
Pregnant 2-3 weeks

Were we happy with the result? Oh yes. We have been planning for a baby but didn't expect to have one so soon. We figured maybe I'll get pregnant in 4 or 5 months time. Not now!

Ok, so I may be 99.99% pregnant. Better get it confirmed from my doctor once back in KK.

Meanwhile, I just had to put up with the vomiting and toilet stops for the rest of the honeymoon.

No comments: