Saturday, May 23, 2009

So says the Doc

Coming back from our honeymoon, I made an appointment with my doctor.

He's a nice chap who always greet his patients with a smile and make sure his patients are comfortable when walking out his clinic.

As usual, he greets me with: "Hi Angeline, long time no see. So, what can I do for you today?"

Me: "I think I'm pregnant!"

Doctor: "You got married recently?"

Me: "Yes, about a month ago."

Doctor: "Let's do a scan."

After a few moments of looking at what look like a small balloon in my belly area.

Doctor: "Oh yes, that's your baby there. Tiny! Let's get a urine sample from you to double check."

After few minutes.

Doctor: "You're definitely pregnant."

Then came the talk about my medical history, medications, supplements and what to expect in the coming months. There was so much my doctor was telling me, but my mind wondered off momentarily. I started to think:
  1. When is this baby due?
  2. I'm going to get fat. After all the work to lose weight prior to the wedding?!
  3. I wonder how much weight I'll gain?
  4. When do I need to start buying baby stuff?
  5. Who shall I tell?
  6. When should I tell?
  7. Is our baby ok in there?
  8. Should I continue with my medication?
  9. Am I going to continue vomiting for long?
  10. When am I going going to stop vomiting?
  11. Haaaaaa! Stretchmarks?!!!
  12. Can I still go swimming?
  13. My high heels. Is it good byes already?
  14. I just bought skinny jeans. Oh no!
  15. What can't I eat?
  16. I'm not having twins am I?!
  17. Boy or Girl?
Doctor cuts my thoughts: "So, I'll see you in two weeks time."

Me: "OK, thanks."

Two weeks later:
Poppy's first picture at 9 weeks, 2 days. Due date: 21st Nov 2009

Nothing much to see for now. Just a big head on the right and round bum on the left. Somewhere near the head, Poppy's heart beating.

Poppy's barely an inch in size as of 1 month ago. Oh yeah, we've temporarily named our baby Poppy because at the time we found he/she existed when we were in England, he/she was the size of a poppy seed. Plus I was eating poppy seed bun just before knowing about our Poppy.

No comments: