Saturday, September 24, 2011

2 months to 2 years

Mia turned 22 months yesterday.

2 months from now she'll be 2 years old. Oh my, how time flies. More and more, she makes it known to me and those who dresses her that she has her own style. It could be tomboy-ish in the morning, girly-girl in the afternoon, and nerdy in between then and evening.

As of now, she doesn't really talk any comprehend-able words. Maybe she'll throw in "kai-kai" from time to time when wanting to go out. No mama, no papa, no mummy, no bye bye, no nenen, no chu-chut, nothing.

Its not that we've not tried, we have and are trying to get her to speak. She does understand when we talk to her and respond accordingly though eg: come here; ok, we're going - bye bye Mia (to which she'll run towards us or the front door), go to school, oh-oi time, sayang-sayang etc.

I am enjoying this time when my kids are just infants. I'm not too worried about her not speaking for now. She'll talk in time, and I'm sure she'll have plenty to say. OMG....the neverending "mama, WHY????, mama, what's that? mama, I waaaaant......"

Meanwhile, I'll keep myself occupied with her birthday party prep. The venue, the cake, the games. Hmmmm.

Yes, we'll have a little party for her ;) Those who were at her party last year are definitely invited again.

No comments: