Friday, August 14, 2009

Of 9s

14 August 2009, Friday.

Baby countdown ..... only 99 days to go!

Finally we've dropped to double digit numbers. Excited yes, scared YES.

I'm getting leg cramps and my ribs are torturing me when I slouch. Good time to improve on my posture.

As for Poppy, well she/he is happily squirming away inside there, especially when there's a song playing. She/He was kicking real hard as I watched a Michael Jackson concert on TV. When I lay down on the bed after rubbing stretch mark lotion all over my belly each morning and night, I can see and feel Poppy kicking and squirming away as well. It's like a scene from an Alien movie. Weird and amazing at the same time.

I'm getting heavier now. My last weigh-in a couple of days ago was 60kg. Poppy is 900g and I'm happy/concerned a bit (I was told this is a little chubby for a 25 week year old. The usual weight is 750g) . Happy that Poppy is growing but concerned that she/he may be a bit too big for my huu haa to handle at birth.

The gender, again I'm told we can't be too sure but most probably Poppy is a girl. Yeah!!!!! But I'm not getting my hopes up too high ....

My next appointment is going to be on 9 Sept 2009. That's 09.09.09. Fred and I originally planned to get married on that date but due to family persistence, we changed the dates many times and ended up getting married on 21.02.2009.

But hey, 09.09.09 would still be a significant day for us. The day we'll find out if we'll be expecting an Amelia @ Mia OR an Alan, for sure.

My niece Avie would be glad. She cried out that we can't call our baby Poppy - that's a DOG! I had to explain to her that Poppy is a flower and the name is only temporary.

By the way, Fred changed our desktop background picture to this:Cute right?! We've got cream and white coloured clothings covered. So, will we be buying clothes in pink or blue anytime soon? Only time will tell. Haaaaaa, 09.09.09

2 comments:

d1n0za said...

Whoa! I'm excited for you! :-D Been there before and I must say these are times you'll be at an all time high anticipating for the baby to come out. Remember George Yong? His baby will be out next month! Anyway, keep in touch. Do check out my personal blog at http://dinoza2.blogspot.com/.

AngelineJ said...

Thanks Dino! Yeah, I've been checking out yours, George's, and Julian's website too.