Saturday, September 19, 2009

Making Baby No 1: What's in a name?

31 weeks already today... another 6 - 9 weeks to go!

It has been a while since I've updated my blog and a lot has been happening. But first, a little announcement:

On 09.09.09, I went to see my doc for my review together with Teresa Alberto (let her have a chance of seeing Poppy!). All tests were fine (urine check, blood pressure check, weight check) and then it was time for the scan.

This time, Poppy was ever so cooperative and decided to show off:No sausage this time. Just a plain burger! Yes, a girl... We'll soon be welcoming Amy Liew Yi Mei.

Which then may raise some questions. Why Amy? Well, because:
  1. I wanted Amelia but hubby said it's a bit difficult to call.
  2. Amy is short and simple.
  3. Amy, after a good friend who's 1 strong, smart and ambitious lady whose birthday also falls in November.
  4. Hello, this little munchkin is going to me a little me. Angeline Mimie becomes Amy.
The name Amy means Beloved, while Mei means Beauty (or beautiful, can't remember my husband's explanation now!). So, to directly translate her name, it would be our Beloved Beauty I suppose. One thing for sure, she'll be inheriting the beloved beauties of my past.... my gorgeous handbags!

I was discussing with my husband that I've got at least 3 friends who are called Amy and there may be a bit of a confusion. So, we'll still be nicknaming our little Amy....."Mia".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what aunty rosie supposed to call little poppy Amy or Mia???? hehehehehe....

SteffianaJ said...

huahua..any names pun ngam bha..cnt wait to dukung2 my niece..lalala..come to aunty steffy :P

AngelineJ said...

Aunty Rosie.... Hehehe, you can call her Amy ataupun Mi-aaaaaaaa kalau dia galangas!

Aunty Steffy: Jagalah kau, kena jadi babysitter kau ni. It's payback time! Belajarlah tukar lampin & buat susu baby.