Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What a raya....

Mr & Mrs Fred Liew (31 weeks preggers with Mia) @ Kundasang. 3rd day Raya, 2009.

This is the 1st raya that we sort of celebrated as a "Mr & Mrs". What better way to spend it than visiting Muslim friends during their open houses on the 1st day.

Fred and I then joined our church members for the 2nd & 3rd day raya for a family trip to Kundasang. It really has been a while since we went there. This trip was also special for me because it's the first trip that I ever made out of KK in such a long time. With my vomiting and the H1NI that's been going around, I was practically banned by Fred to travel. I was so excited for this trip that I started packing 2 nights before we left!

The trip to Kundasang was really great this time, although we had a worrying start to the journey ie heavy downpour when we left KK. Lucky for us the rain subsided once we arrived in Kundasang. We went to the usual touristy places ie Kinabalu National Park (checked out the flora & fauna exhibit), Mesilau and then the Desa Cattle Farm.

It was the 1st time for most of us to go into the cattle farm.

The cows really look like the picture on the Desa Milk cartons (minus the daisy flower)!

It was quite an experience to see how disciplined the cows were in lining up and waiting for their turns to be milked.

Those are the cows having their feed and being milked at the same time.


The smell however was something not so great. What smell you may ask?
The smell of cow poop. There were poop everywhere! You see, while the cows were waiting for their turn to be milked.... they just poop and poop and poop. Well, they're healthy I suppose and at least we know now that we're not getting milk from constipated cows.

The next day, we visited the Kundasang War Memorial Park. It's really nice now... a lot nicer than when I visited it last in 1998. Anyone going up to Kundasang should make a stop at the Australian Memorial Park.

There are exhibits of the Australian and British soldiers amidst the beautiful gardens to enjoy. Its a really nice and educational place to visit.

Back in KK however..... my beloved Kembara has been stripped of its inside:

You see, I'm the only person my husband knows who can "koyak" two engines in 1 lifespan of a car. That's right, in the 10 years I've had this car I managed to rip apart 2 engines. An expensive lesson.

Till today, I'm still waiting in vain for the parts to be put together. Hopefully, I'll get my car back soon. Till then.... huhuhuhu..... I'm soooooo sorry.....

No comments: