Thursday, March 5, 2009

'Twas the day before the wedding

Friday 20th February 2009 was everything except a relaxation.

Yes, it was the day before the wedding and I thought I would have had all wedding preparations completed before this day. A bit of a wishful thinking I must admit having less than 2 months to arrange for each item on my checklist. It wasn't so much as getting the things done as it is waiting for vendors to do their part.

Nonetheless everything pulled through in the end and I was allowed to take time to chill out if only for 2 hours ie 5.00pm - 7.00pm. Time to get my nails done!

My 5 year old niece, Jill Avie had arrived from Sandakan that afternoon, with a fever. I told her that she needs to get well otherwise she won't be able to be flower girl the next day, and that her uncle Aidan would take her place since he's done that already during the rehearsal.

No doubt, Jill Avie panicked and allowed my brother Mark take her to the doctor to get some medicine. As a reward, she was allowed to accompany me while I get my nails done.

Hmmmm, the joke was on me when this happened at the nail spa:
That's right, she wanted her nails done too. While I chose to be subtle in settling with "french nails", Jill Avie chose "Sparkling Red" for her nails. I've created a monster!

No comments: