Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sun 8 March 2009: Honeymoon Day 2

Jet lag - that's what we woke up too this morning. I woke up at around 1 am thinking that it was 5am. I took a really long bath and checked my watch in the dark. Wow, 6.15am I read. I was waiting and waiting for the sun to rise. Nothing. 2 hours later it was still dark. It was then I realised that it was only 3am and I can't get back to sleep now. Grrrrr. Body clock not tuned in to the local time here. What could I do but watch TV.

We left our hotel around 7am and had breakfast at a little cafe near our hotel. English breakfast or sausages, baked beans, toast, eggs, bacon and coffee for Fred; and for me, just scrambled eggs with toasted buns and coffee.

7.45am and we took the tube and head out to check out London's landmarks. We went to Trafalgar Square. I was so eager to see the pigeons like we did many years ago. However, because of this:No more pigeons in sight at Trafalgar Square.

Fred in front of the famed Art Gallery. There was no crowd here at this time either because it was still too early.

Walking around near Picadilly Circus while waiting for the Visitors Centre to open - Hey, there's Wagamama here Janet!

From Trafalgar Square we walked to Covent Gardens always stopping now and then to check the map to make sure we're heading the right direction.
When we finally arrived at the markets, it was still too early and traders are busy setting up their stalls.
Jubilee Market adjacent to Covent Gardens was also quite interesting to check out. I wasn't able to take pictures inside though.

We then returned to London's Visitors Centre at Picadilly Circus to get more maps and local tourism information.

Next, it was time to find Hard Rock Cafe London. Yeah! Found it. I promised myself that I'd get a souvenir and oh yes, I got some pins, a bag for my Netbook, a t-shirt and get a hold of this Membership to Hard Rock Cafe!

We were a bit hungry by now and decided to eat at Hard Rock Cafe itself. After all I'm a member now so we're entitled to 10% discount. This is the first time ever I eat at Hard Rock!

Unfortunately, there was a long queue but we were given a buzzer to call us when our table was ready. So, we just sat around at the bar area while waiting to be "buzzed".

Our hearty lunch: a huge plate of nachos and pork sandwich. Yum!


After lunch, we headed towards Harrods for a bit of shopping and pay tribute to Diana & Dodi Al-Fayed. I signed their guest book as well.

I was lucky to be able to get a close look of the claimed HUGE engagement ring that Dodi was suppose to present to Diana, and the wine glasses which they drank from in Paris (hers is the one on top and we could see her lipstick mark as well) shortly before they died.

No comments: