Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Back to the pool

About a month ago I committed myself to a journey to lose those pesky extra kgs left behind by my 2 kids. I really shouldn't blame them, I know. But, like it or not, they're part of the reasons why I'm overweight.

I was really serious too in my commitment. I went for my power walk at the park and watched what I ate (and not just watched... but also reduced the amount!).

After 2 weeks, I lost a measly 1kg! How sad is that?! Then my exercise routine went hiatus because the kids got sick and I had to be home with them ALL the time for the next 2 weeks. There you go, 1 month gone, and I'm back to my good old 60.9kg.

Since Mia has gone back to school yesterday, I decided to up my fitness/lose weight routine by going to the pool.

I just love going to the swimming pool this time of day - early morning when people are rushing off to work. It's like swimming in my own private pool!

I was so excited and anxious to get to the pool that I clumsily packed my husband's goggles. My husband wears glasses (his degree is somewhere around 500 - 600 I think) and his goggles, well see for yourself. Around that range.

It wasn't so bad in the pool, but once I stepped out of the pool and took the goggles off.... OMG! In the words of Tommy Roe "Dizzy... I'm so dizzy, my head is spinning. Like a whirpool, it never ends...":


So, this morning I was more careful to make sure I got my right goggles packed for the pool!
Let's hope I really start losing weight and reach my target of 55kg by 31st August 2011.

No comments: