Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Photo Meme...

I was photo memed by Cinda last week and was so touched by the beautiful story behind her photo of her in-laws' 50th wedding anniversary. This got me thinking, would my husband and I be able to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary? If we could, that means I'd be 85 and my husband, 91. Geez!

It's quite unlikely that we'd be around for our 50th wedding anniversary celebration here in this temporary place we call earth, so I intend to make the best attempt to celebrate our marriage each and everyday.

It's nice to see old photos and get to know the story behind it. I hope others are able to join in, if not in your blog, then maybe on a scrapbook page or a photo album.

These are the rules:

1. Open your first (oldest) photo folder in your computer library
2. Scroll to the 10th photo
3. Post the photo and the story behind it

4. Tag 5 or more people to continue the thread

Well, I only got my first digital camera in late 2004 and all my photos were stored on my Dell laptop. Unfortunately, that died on me in 2007 and with it, it brought took along my beautiful pictures and memories. I searched and searched for the CD where I backed up some photos and I came across one CD which is the oldest.

This is my photo meme:
This picture was taken by Winnie during our holiday to Bangkok on 14 February 2005. It was just Janet, Rosie, Winnie and me on that trip. At the time we were all very single and decided to get those cheap fares and spend 5 days in Bangkok.

I remember that we were on transit in KLIA and to kill time, we sang along to "I'm All Out of Love" over and over again at the boarding gate.

We arrived in Bangkok at around 10 or 11pm and after checking in at our hotel, we took a tuk tuk to Soi Cowboy. I think we were cheated on the tuk tuk fare but we didn't care. We had a blast screaming to the top of our lungs until we reached our destination.

We did what we did best at the time - club hopping. A 'GRO' chatted with us in one of the bars and stuck stickers on us. Winnie got the most! Then we proceeded outside for some snacks, street food ie frogs. I wanted to try out the cockroaches but Rosie stopped me.

That was just the beginning of our wonderful holiday and the fun continued throughout the time we were there - the con jobs, the food, the culture, the history, the 'shows', the shopping. As much as I love going on vacations with my husband, I sure do miss those days of holidays with the ladies!

So here's my tag of 5 more beautiful people to continue this thread:
  1. Rosie @ Rosc De' Cowgal
  2. Foleria @ Living Life to the fullest
  3. Veron @ Cabi's Travelog
  4. Steffi @ A Simple I Love You means more than money
  5. Evelyn @ Life Now and Then

4 comments:

SJB aka SUELYN J-B. said...

Good memories kan.

Anonymous said...

Oh my it really brings back all our bangkok memories."All out of love" huh...hahahahahahaha

Cinda said...

.... to all the single ladies.... Yep whatever happened to those carefree days.....
That's a really great pic. Glad you picked up the thread.

...my 50th wedding anniversary, gosh I'll be 72 and Donald 78....I wonder if I'll fit into my wedding dress...:)

cabi said...

alamaaaa~ hehehe~ got new thread~ ok ok, i'll try later~ :p
wah~ gambar time bujang2 o kan~