Saturday, October 23, 2010

11 months today!

Our baby girl is 11 months today. She's growing so fast. She can say "papa, mama, mo-mom, bye-bye" now. And when she says "mo-mom", it means she wants solid food, not milk, not water.
As you can see, she hasn't got teeth yet! I think she's saving them. Weight wise she's 9.2 kg. She did hit 10kg earlier this month but she hasn't been drinking her milk as much lately, plus she had a bout of high fever last week and is now recovering from "fake measles".

She prefers to eat rice not porridge. No more mashed potatoes. I think she's gotten bored of it. She's been eating rice mixed with other dishes like fish, chicken, gravy, soup, potato, carrot, taufu and minced meat since she turned 9 months. A couple of weeks ago she had her first taste of fried noodle and she loves it. She likes to eat cakes and bread too. Don't worry, we don't feed her the whole thing. We still have to chop any food into tiny pieces using the edge of a spoon or fork. Thankfully she doesn't have any problem digesting food. She poops easily everyday and no complaining of tummy ache. I suppose the gripe water in her water which she loves to drink helps.

She stands at 3cm short of 70cm. Yes, she can stand all by herself while gently clapping her palms together. It's something she likes to do a lot. She waves "bye-bye" to her papa, me, grandma, and cousins when any of us are leaving.
We didn't take her out anywhere today. As her "11 month" treat, I let her choose a DVD to watch on TV. She FINALLY decided on a "Shrek" DVD. Normally, it'll be Tinker Bell, Elmo, Madagascar, or Toy Story DVDs. Honestly, I'm getting tired of watching these. And I have to sit and watch with her otherwise she'll cry.
Mia likes to play hide and seek now. Her favorite place to hide is this place: behind the front door!
Another thing she likes to do is to take things out of my purse. I think she's wondering whether RM10 is enough to get her a new t-shirt?!


She's very eager to learn to walk. She uses this huge storage container (with wheels on the bottom side) to practice her walk at home.

Sometimes, Mia can be a handful so I put her inside the container when she's naughty hence the container is called the "Punishment Box".
She especially likes it when I help her to dress up her toys. Here's her Piglet wearing her disposable diaper and tied with a golden ribbon.

If I want to get her to fall asleep faster, I just have to lie down on the floor with her, hand across her chest and soon enough, bliss. Peace and quiet and I can do my work. Unfortunately, at most times, I would fall asleep with her and I'd only wake up when she wakes up. So much for time to do work! LOL!

At night, she'll in her crib without making any fuss. But come morning time, she wants to play, roll and tumble then continue to her sleep on our bed.

4 comments:

SJB aka SUELYN J-B. said...

Nah, next month 1 tahun sudah dia. Hehehe, tersenyum juga saya tengok tu video. Cute.

SteffianaJ said...

nah. if galangas, terus masuk punishment box. wahahaha

Anonymous said...

Abis bah tu duit kana kronyok2 oleh si Mia hahahaha.

AngelineJ said...

Sue: yeah... 1 year :) .... thanks. kurang mainan bah dia di rumah jadi kotak pun jadi mainan. hehehe!

Steffy: memang selalu tu masuk punishment box these days

z: tulah si Mia kita ni. Semua pun di-kronyok nya.