Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Shenzhen, China: Night 4

It's time to get ready to go again - this time home!

It's quite easy for us to do packing this time round as we didn't shop very much (only my parents did major shopping!). However, whatever we bought was kind of bulky ie my santa, a chinese painting by some renowned artist. Plus the fact that we have thick winter clothings with us as well. Hmmmm.

Looking at our stuff, I decided to put off packing until after we had dinner. When I invited my parents for dinner, they said "Tapau noopo" ie "pls just take away food" - they were tired and my dad wanted to watch soccer on tv. I know the absolute relaxing feeling that he must be enjoying now. Earlier on we were watching this in our room:

Yes, you guessed it: Coneheads!

So, dearest and I went out to have dinner on our own. However, our first stop was at the local pharmacy to buy a pair of reflexology slippers for Janet and another pair for us.

For dinner this time, we tried out one of the many halal restaurants outside the hotel. The food was simple but really nice. What did I have? Here it is:
Beef noodle.

Having eaten, we "tapau" dinner for my parents and delivered the food to them. Then we headed out again to the shops. We bought... NOTHING. I can't believe it, after walking around for 2 hours and a half, we couldn't find a thing to buy. Except for another pair of reflexology slippers for our friend, the other Fred.

Oh well, we'll just shop at the airport (so we thought). Back to the hotel now to pack....

Oh Santa, how am I going to bring you back?

No comments: